Prior to an open house, Lynn will go through your home, room-by-room making suggestions with regard to home staging; furniture placement, accessories, and clutter.
NOTE: Lynn Albro, Modesto REALTOR®, completed a course in professional Home Staging and understands the nuances of creating a welcoming environment, conducive to selling your home.
It is important to prepare your home for viewing, make it as bright, clean, cheerful and serene as possible. Always look at your home from the buyer’s point of view.
Albro will probably find a tactful way to suggest that you be absent while the house is being shown to prospective buyers, because your presence will inhibit their actions and conversations. They won’t feel free to open closets and cabinets, test out the plumbing and discuss their observations objectively as they walk through the house.
It goes without saying that your children and pets should not be on the premises either.
If Lynn has scheduled an open house, you may want to notify the neighbors, and assure them that they’ll be welcome. They’ll jump at the chance to poke around in your house, and sometimes they can turn up a buyer among their friends.
Quick tips for showings and open houses:
- Clean or replace dirty or worn carpets.
- Open all curtains and blinds.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs and turn on all lights.
- Clear all clutter.
- Clear all countertops.
- Wash and put away any dirty dishes.
- Set the dining room or kitchen table if you have particularly nice linen or china.
- Simmer a few drops of vanilla on the stove.
- Put on soft music.
- Burn wood in the fireplace on cold days, otherwise, clean the fireplace.
- Put fresh towels in the bathroom.
- Take any laundry out of the washer and dryer.
- Leave the house so Clarence, or his representative is free to deal with prospective buyers in a professional manner.
- Put pets in cages or take them with you.
Lynn Albro is a Hands-On Modesto REALTOR®
In other words, Lynn will open all of the window coverings in your home (unless there is a less than ideal view) prior to the open house. She will turn on lights in darker rooms, and even bring in her own light fixtures in rooms that feel dark.
Albro will also bring in refreshments, i.e. coffee or hot chocolate on cold days and cold bottled water on hot days.