As you can see, Facebook drives traffic to your website like nothing else! Here are a list of marketing activities you can do at Facebook:
1. Set up your Profile page. If you have not set up the new Facebook Timeline, do it now. My personal opinion is that it is engineered for promoting your business. For example, go to facebook.com/lynnalbro (please request my friendship while you are there), and notice the big banner (called a cover). I change that cover once a month, always putting up something that gives the viewer an idea of what I do. So, my first recommendation is to install a Cover picture, or banner.
2. Marketing is all about numbers… so reach out to as many people as you can; friends, family, colleagues, prospects, clients, etc.
3. Under my personal picture you will find the company I work for. If you are promoting your personal business, set up a Business page with your name; i.e. “Lynn Albro, Internet Marketing Coach”.
4. Be sure to fill out your Info page, just click on About (under your picture) and fill in all the blanks, including your Bio, Contact Info, and Website.
5. When you develop your Business Page, upload a picture badge that states at a glance what business you are in, then follow all of the facebook recommended steps including; adding information about your business and links back to your website.
6. Use the Facebook “iframe app” and set up first a “Like Us First”, then a email capture system offering a free product. NOTE: I have one set up at my Business Page – Lynn Albro, Web Marketing Expert.
7. After you have invited your friends to ‘like’ your page, install a facebook badge at your website, and add your facebook business page URL to all of your print marketing and your Social Networking sites.
8. You need to post at your business page several times a day. This is not the place to preach your message, Facebook is the place to share relevant information, yours and other people’s. So for every 5 posts that you put up sharing other people’s blog posts, news articles and videos, put up a link to your website.
9. Use your facebook business page to promote your events. An event could be; an Open House, a seminar, a local meetup, etc, When you add an event, facebook makes it very easy to invite your ‘friends’ to that event. And in the body of the event, offer a link back to your website for more information.
10. It is also important to thank people that ‘like’ your page and reciprocate by ‘liking’ their business pages.
Never put up a post that you could not share with your Grandma or your Church Pastor. Don’t be negative, people do not respond well to negative. AND, if you want someone to accept your friendship or ‘like’ your page – ask nicely. Studies show that if you ask nicely, people will usually do what you ask.
Remember that the fundamental purpose of Facebook is to network – so get out there and be nice. Interact with people; Comment, Like and Share.
NOTE: As I stated in the last Tip, these Facebook Marketing principles can be applied to networking at any of your Social Media Sites.
In Tip 4 I will share time saving advice on how to automate and syndicate your social networking posts.
To Your Success,