Internet Marketing Tips; Keyword research is the cornerstone of search engine optimization (SEO), and the foundation of successful Internet Marketing.
Keyword research is the cornerstone of search engine optimization (SEO), and the foundation of successful Internet Marketing. Whatever business you are in, it is important to do (or pay someone else to do) keyword research before you choose a domain, develop the website concept, or write a word of written content.
#22. Internet Marketing Tip: Keyword research is an art form that requires intuition, creativity and persistence.
The first step before you start a keyword research is to write down all of the keywords that you think people are typing into the search engines to find a product or service similar to yours.
For example, let’s say you are a real estate agent in San Francisco, CA and you are just getting started – write down what you think the keywords might be…
- San Francisco real estate agent
- Real estate agent in San Francisco
- Homes for sale in San Francisco
- Houses for sale in San Francisco
#23. Internet Marketing Tip: Look for ‘demand’ and ‘competition’ when conducting a keyword research:
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Go to the Google Keyword Tool
- Type in a keyword
- Check the box next – “Only show ideas closely related to my search terms”
- Click on the Search Bar
- Double Click on the Competition tab
- Document the Global Monthly Searches
- Now click on the keyword, this action takes you to the first page of Google for that keyword and document the About […] results number, this is the number of competitor pages.
As you can see the numbers are all over the board. But what you are looking for is:
A) At least 1000 Global monthly searches
B) If possible under 100,000 Competitor pages.
When I am doing a keyword research, I sometimes document hundreds of keywords on a spread sheet. Once I get them all documented, I choose a keyword that gets a significant number of global monthly demands and a limited number of competitors for my domain (If it is available), the website title, descriptive sentence and in the content.
It’s also a good idea to use those same keywords in your social networking sites; posts, image descriptions and biographies.
Thank you for reading these Internet Marketing Tips. We look forward to your questions and comments, feel free to add your thoughts in the box below. SUBSCRIBE to this website and we’ll email you a newsletter twice a month talking about simple online techniques and the things that may be holding you back from growing your business.