Internet Marketing Tip: Social Search Optimization is about engaging interaction resulting in affirmation in the form of Comments, Likes/+1's & Shares
These days, the combination of Search and Social is changing the way business owners market their businesses. Social Search Optimization (SSO) takes into account the way people think, interact, and communicate.
And, today, search engines are paying attention to how Social Networking users interact with business brands… and, paying attention to this trend can pay-off big time for small business owners.
Did you know that:
- Bing uses Facebook Likes as a ranking signal
- Google is using the +1 as a ranking signal
- Tweets help Google index content faster
First let’s consider the components of Social Search Optimization – SEO and SMO.
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? It is the process of improving a website’s visibility ‘organically’ by:
- Strategic use of keywords
- Updating with fresh relevant content
- Website presentation to search engines & directories
- Meta Descriptions
- Link Building
What is Social Media Optimization (SMO)? It is the process of optimizing Social Media content for SEO by:
- Using keywords in bio’s and descriptions
- Including contact info & links to website
- Sharing relevant photos, blogs & videos
- Engaging proactively, responding promptly
- And, cross promoting your social channels
Internet Marketing Tip: Social Search Optimization is a SEO strategy with the primary objective to engage with your social media audience.
And, just exactly how do you engage with your audience?
- Use keywords in your descriptions
- Plus, like/+1, comment, share and reciprocate
- Update your social content frequently
- Optimize your posts on all social channels
- Include links to your websites
- And, most important, make it your goal to engage people in conversation.
Social Search Optimization starts with at your marketing hub, in other words your website. It’s always a good idea to make sure that your site is built around a Search Engine Optimization strategy, one that is keyword focused and updated on a regular basis.
And, Social Media Optimization is about the power of attraction and audience engagement. If you have engagement at your social networks and you are driving people to your website (and keeping them coming back), then the search engines are going to take notice, resulting in a higher search engine ranking (and more clients).
Thank you for reading these Internet Marketing Tips. We look forward to your questions and comments, feel free to add your thoughts in the box below. SUBSCRIBE to our monthly Newsletter and we will provide simple online internet marketing techniques and talk about the things that may be holding you back from growing your business.